Work by Project
Below you'll find a brief description of several of my ongoing, proposed, and recently completed art projects. Click on the project
title for further details, including documentation and visual imagery where available.
- Stroll This large-scale group collaboration recruits volunteers to recontextualize the favorite
activity of the 19th Century French flaneur, and will produce a thorough exploration of the many different ways in which a single,
simple activity can be experienced.
- Precisely Here, On This Spot How many things can you notice about any given spot? No fancy plaques previously mark the
locales I portray in this mixed-media project; sampling whatever the spot has to offer across time and in many different media. It's just
one more way for me to mark my location, physically and psychically, and share what reflections come to me. Note: project page coming soon!
- Une Femme d'un Certain Âge This project invites women "of a certain age" to share their experiences and
reflections on the nature of relationships, love, and expectations. This is my contribution to a three-person collaborative project,
- Thrillseeker A single-channel, multipart video montage constructed from real life and Second Life videos of people all doing the same thing ... can you guess what? Note: project page coming soon.
- Wild City An ambitious social practice/eco-art project, Wild City proposes arming volunteers with seeds, soil and
little red wagons in an effort to turn un- or under-used urban spaces into registered National Wildlife Federation habitats.
- Will Art for Cache This proposed project aims to make geocaching one more way to distribute small moments of art
and to provide a unique encouragement to geocachers as a group to attend art shows that emphasize social and environmental issues. Note: project page coming soon!
- Future Harvest An expansive project on the predicted impact of global warming on food and agricultural production. How will the greenhouse gases you generate now affect your dinner table in 20 years, or 50? Includes a wide range of media, and Second Life as well as "real life" components. Note: project page coming soon!
- Exposures This year-long project examined the spirit of a single place and documented the subtle changes that occured,
both in the physical landscape and in the artist's emotional landscape, from month to month with photography, video, and
video-installation. Still images, as well as links to the project web site and a dedicated project video viewer, are available in the
Exposures Project Gallery.
- Every 5,000 Steps Technically a "mail-art project" based on its ultimate mode of delivery, this
project involved writing, book-making, sketching, photography, stamps and a pedometer ... Note: because of its multi-medium nature, this
project is also featured as a Mixed Media artwork in my galleries.
- AltarGrrls: Women Expressing the Sacred This photographic series explored the self-identified sacred
spaces and objects of women from all walks of life. Note: project page coming soon!
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.